My little sister asked my family yesterday what our New Year’s resolutions were for the year. Frankly, the normal things ran through my mind: loose weight, eat healthier, read more, so on and so forth but I knew that like every year I would try kinda halfheartedly to do all those things and not really accomplish any of them. Then, I would feel mildly disappointed in my self, like every other year and I didn’t want to do that again. So, one of the things I had wanted to do was journal my life in 2014. Instead of spending money I don’t have on a nice journal I probably won’t use I decided this might force me to actually stick to my goal (… I hope). My over arching goal is to live my life this year more positively than I did last year.
I have a VERY bad habit of worrying… about everything. I think it is due to the fact that life has definitely sent me a few kick in the teeth in the 26 years I have been on this earth and I like to know all the bad outcomes before putting myself out there. I am now going to try and employ the “don’t worry (more likely worry less), be happy” philosophy and see where that takes me.
A little info about me:
- I am 26 years old and I live in Kentucky (No, our grass is not really blue. Sorry.)
- I am the oldest of 5 kids
- I have a BA in History and a minor in Native American Studies
- My ultimate career goal is to be a mom, but as far as paying jobs go, I would love to work anywhere in England, at Monticello, Williamsburg, or on an Native American Indian reservation.
- Currently, I am a secretary and a part time bookseller for Joseph Beth
- I read. I read, I read, I read.
My goal is to hopefully post daily, as if I am writing in a journal. They may not be incredibly insightful but I will post. I am hoping this year that I will not only be happier with my life and myself but push myself outside my comfort zone.
Hope you will join me on this journey and that I am not too boring.
2014 here I come!