Let me first say, I am greatful that I have 2 jobs which have allowed me to do a lot more that I ever thought. Also, I know a lot of worse places to have a second job than in a bookstore. Especially if you love books as much as me 🙂
- I first of all hate “selling” books just to sell them. I know it’s not the correct thing but I will tell you when I have not read a book. It is not in my nature to just say “You should buy this because the company says so” can’t do it. However, I will tell you what I have heard and which I prefer.
- The best feeling in the world is when someone actually purchases a book you love and you suggested! Especially if its an author you’ve loved for years (still happy about Bella reading The Mediator!!!!). I will use this moment to say everyone should buy The Royal We (Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan) and Tiffany Girl (Deeanne Giest) because they are AMAZING
- As we approach the holidays, please be patient with me and I will be patient with you. Meaning, I know you will forget your shopping list with the book titles and authors. You though need to know that there are way too many books in the world that are “red and has something to do with a girl” so it is going to take me a bit to narrow that down since I am not a mind reader.
- This is just a personal note for me but I am BEGGING YOU to please do not call a bookstore and say “Hi! I’m looking for a book.” Really?! Are you?! Thank the Lord because I was worried we would run out of those! GAH! I have to hold my breath and count to ten everytime I hear that. I am so glad you came to a bookstore to look for a book. Could you please narrow it down from the thousands we have in the store? Instead please say “Hi! I am looking for ‘Elizabeth Gilbert’s new book. Do you have any in stock?”
- To all the lovely people who want to purchase my Christian Fiction books. You are without a doubt my favorite people in the world. So much love for you. Yet, I do need to say I am more aware than anyone how very little stock and variety of books I have. I PROMISE you I am working my butt off on that. Buy something that does interest you, even a little, and help get my sales up!
Even though there are little quirks and annoying bits of the trade (too many to tell here) I am so lucky. For a few days a week I get to tell people why I love books… And get paid for it!
Thankful in November: the ability to have a job